Print out the EGL203 Packet: Google Doc PDF and bring it to every class.
& Capture a moment - in your mind and with words and phrases
At some point during the next 80 hours,‘capture a moment’ worthy of description. While you’re in the moment or shortly thereafter, become very aware of what is going on and what you are feeling. Take a ‘mental recording’ and as soon as possible write down words and phrases (in any language) that capture everything you can about that moment and help others understand what you sensed and felt. There can be meaning in the simple moments of life, so the moment doesn’t have to involve a lot of activity. Examples include: Being squeezed between two smelly guys on the subway, taking a romantic walk on the beach, staring at yourself in the mirror wondering if your bangs look right, taking your first sip of beer on Friday night, coming home to your dog wagging its tail like crazy and slobbering all over you, lying awake at night hearing the ticking of a clock worrying about….
On Monday, March 19, bring your list of words and phrases to class. Do not turn them into sentences or paragraphs yet - we will do that next weekend. For now, just capture the moment.
Check Page 16 of the EGL203 Packet for helpful tips.
- Examples: Google Translate (expand, more examples)
- Definitions: Merriam Webster Google define:word
- Frequency: Wordcount.org Google in "quotes" "malaise" vs. 'depression"
- Usage(collocations): Ozdic.com
Week#1 Assignments In class
- Join the EGL203 Band for your class. EGL203-04 EGL203-06
Band.us Apps: Android Apple Band Screencast
- Post selfie in the Band with your name (in 한글 ), Student #, ‘Please call me…., & ###@gmail.com’.
- Register for a Gmail account if you don't already have one. Install Google Drive/Docs apps
- (Optional) Create a blog at Blogger.com Blogger Guide here and Screencast here
- Complete the EGL203 Entrance Questionnaire
due by March 11 (11:59pm)
- Writing Task#1: List all of the different parts of your identity. Then write 300 or more words describing at least three different parts of your identity. Please do this on a Google Doc in your EGL203 Writing Folder. Feel free to include any related photos. You can see Jeff's Example here. https://goo.gl/RnrKdV
How to Use Google Docs for your Writing AssignmentsWhen you are done, please copy and paste your writing into the Class Band.
Post a Comment