Sentence Corrections Handout (Sept. 11)
Assignment: Revise your ‘Identity Assignment’ Google Doc using the Editing Checklist below.
Please bring a printout of your revised writing to class on Wednesday, September 13.
ENG265 Editing Checklist
Every time you write a document for this class, use the following checklist to catch potential errors, improve your writing, and help Jeff keep his sanity.
- Does every singular countable noun have an article or determiner?
- Do any sentences begin with a FANBOYS coordinating conjunction?
- Does every sentence begin with a capital letter? Is ‘I’ alway capitalized)?
- Is the document spell-checked?
- Does every sentence have a subject and a verb? Do they agree?
- Are adjectives and adverbs as close as possible to the words they modify?
- Do ‘a, b, c’ sentences use parallel structure? (e.g. reading, writing, and to speak)