If there’s a mechanical error you’re not sure about, add it to the “Is it OK? Google Doc.
Assignment: (Due Sunday, April 9 at noon) Complete the second draft of your opinion essay.
Your essay should include an introduction, at least three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion. Please use the editing checklist to proofread the entire essay.
- Does every singular countable noun have an article or determiner?
- Do any sentences begin with a coordinating conjunction? FANBOYS And, but, for, nor, or, so, and yet
- Does every sentence begin with a capital letter? Is ‘I’ always capitalized)?
- Does every sentence have a subject and a verb? Do they agree?
- Are adjectives and adverbs as close as possible to the words they modify?
- Do ‘a, b, c’ sentences use parallel structure ( reading, writing, and to speak)
Midterm Information: April 20 11am: Written 'Challenge' April 20: noon~3pm Optional conferences with Jeff
More midterm information will be shared in class April 13.